Portable chalkboard lazy susan turntable
This portable lazy susan rotating turntable can be placed on a dining table or on a buffet for easy access to a variety of snacks. If you are setting up a table for entertaining, make this quick and easy lazy susan turntable out of a stainless steel tray that you already have at home.
Perfect for an outdoor table, indoor party or celebration, or for on a buffet table. Use Rust-Oleum chalkboard spray paint to create a lazy susan rotating turntable.
YOU WILL NEED:
Stainless steel tray
Lazy susan bearing
Rust-Oleum chalkboard spray (at your local Builders Warehouse)
5-minute epoxy glue
1. Scuff the stainless steel tray with 180-grit sandpaper to help the chalkboard spray to stick. Wipe clean.
2. Mask off the edge of the tray with thin automotive tape and masking tape, or leave and spray the entire tray. The automotive tape allows you to make a nice tight circle around the tray.
3. Spray a light even coat of chalkboard spray over the entire tray and allow this to dry before spraying on two more coats. Be sure to let each coat dry properly before adding another coat.
4. Carefully remove the masking and automotive tape.
5. Mix your 5-minute epoxy and use an old paintbrush to apply to the bottom of the lazy susan bearing. Quickly turn the bearing over and press onto the bottom of the stainless steel tray.