30-Minute Easter Treats
If you urgently need to make Easter treats for unexpected guests, then these Chocolate Nests will fit the bill, or what about these decadent Chocolate Truffles.
Not every celebration or special occasion goes according to plan and sometimes you end up in a panic when unexpected guests arrive. Thankfully, there are a few recipes that you can quickly put together to remedy the situation and these 30-minute chocolate nests are perfect for the Easter table.
Here is the recipe for these Lancewood Chocolate Nests made with corn flakes and coco pops:
YOU WILL NEED:
150 g dark chocolate
150 g milk chocolate
230 g LANCEWOOD® Medium Fat Plain Cream Cheese
750 ml coco pops
500 ml corn flakes
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double burner or microwave and then incorporate the cream cheese, using a wooden spoon to gently mix.
- Now you can pour in the corn flakes and coco pops and corn flakes and gently mix together.
- Use a dessert spoon to press the mixture into 12 individual cupcake cases and then place in the refrigerator until set.
Finish and Serve:
Bring out a decorative plate or pretty platter and place a selection of speckled eggs or mini marshmallows in the centre before adding the Chocolate Nests.
These delicious Chocolate Truffles are a quick treat to make and will be a crowd pleaser with all your family and friends who pop in over Easter.
YOU WILL NEED:
230 g dark chocolate or 150 g dark plus 80 g milk or white chocolate
15 ml butter , melted
230 g LANCEWOOD® Medium Fat Plain Cream Cheese at room temperature
Variations to choose from:
15 brandy or rum
50 g mixed citrus peel
50 g chopped almonds
100 g chopped apricots
15 ml coffee powder dissolved in 10 ml water
freeze dried strawberries , crushed
pistachios, almonds or crushed peanuts
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a double burner or microwave and add the butter, gently stirring until incorporated.
- Fold the cream cheese into the mixture in small doses and then beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add your choice of variation as included above.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours and then use a teaspoon to roll the mixture into truffle-sized balls. Roll each ball gently into the coating of your choice.
- Place in mini paper cups and refrigerate until serving.
For more delicious, quick and easy recipes visit lancewood.co.za