A Wonderful Winter Soup for the Family
Winter is just around the corner and Wish on Florida provides you with the perfect soup dish for you to enjoy at home.
This warming vegetarian soup dish has subtle hints of chillies and sweet notes of sweet potatoes and is a must-have for chilly winter evenings. Wish on Florida offers you a simple winter warmer with a glorious taste with this vegetarian soup dish recipe for you to enjoy at home.
YOU WILL NEED:
• 1 knob of butter
• 3 sweet potatoes
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 onion
• 4 carrots
• 750g thyme
• 500g Rosemary
• 1 tablespoon pepper
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 500ml chicken /veg stock
• 2 chillies / more depending on your preferences of heat
• 250ml full cream
1. Peel and cube the sweet potato and butternut, peel the carrots and roughly chop. Roughly chop half the onion and celery.
2. In a roasting pan add your cut and chopped vegetables and oil sear well. Add the spices, salt and pepper to taste and roast until soft.
3. Finely chop the rest of the onion, garlic, fresh herbs and chillies. Roughly chop the remaining celery and carrots. In a hot pan, add your mixture of herbs and vegetables. Brown but don't burn!
4. Add the stock of your choice allow to simmer for about 3 minutes before adding your roasted vegetables.
5. Blend the mixture, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper - you can add a touch of sugar as well if you wish.
6. Finish off with a dash of cream and serve