Most of us don't have the luxury of a dedicated laundry, but this laundry organiser can be made to fit on the back of a door or in your laundry, to help organise laundry days.
While you may not have a dedicated laundry room, this laundry organiser can be made to fit on the back of a door to help organise your laundry days. This laundry organiser is made using galvanised pipe, but you can easily substitute with PVC pipe or stainless steel or chrome-plated ready-made accessories that you can buy at any Gelmar store countrywide.
YOU WILL NEED:
Piece of 15mm or 19mm plywood (to fit wall or back of door), plus a piece for the shelf
Pine moulding strips
No More Nails adhesive
Galvanised pipes, PVC pipes or ready-made accessories
Rust-Oleum Chalked Paint, in your choice of colour
Drill/Driver plus assorted bits
Mitre saw or mitre box and backsaw
Tape measure and pencil
1. If you are using galvanised pipe to make the storage rail, assemble all the components.
2. Whatever the size of your door, or the size of the ready-made storage, will determine the size of the plywood you need to cut for the back of the laundry organiser. Cut the pine moulding to frame the plywood wood. Use a mitre saw or mitre box and backsaw to cut the corners.
GOOD TO KNOW: The pine moulding sits along the edge of the front face of the plywood board.
GOOD TO KNOW: Test fit the cut moulding pieces to ensure they fit perfectly.
3. Apply your choice of wood stain to the plywood wood that serves as the back for the laundry organiser.
4. Also, paint the individual pieces of pine moulding.
5. Secure the moulding around the frame with No More Nails adhesive. Wipe away any excess adhesive that oozes out.
6. Once the paint and stain are completely dry, paint around the outside edges of the frame and plywood back to finish off.
7. Determine where you want to mount the shelf.
8. Secure the shelf and rail onto the back with 16mm screws.
GOOD TO KNOW: If you are attaching a ready-made storage rail, secure the shelf to the board through the back of the backing board with 40mm screws. Drill 2.5mm countersunk pilot holes through the back.
And there you have it! The perfect laundry organiser that allows you to have all your supplies in one place.
liberty hardware via home depot