Give a Kitchen Backsplash a Makeover with Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile
Rust-Oleum's Tub & Tile kit is an affordable alternative to the mess of replacing tiles, and it transforms this kitchen backsplash in a day.
If you don't have the budget to rip out and replace tiles, or simply do not want to have all the mess that comes with a re-tiling project, painting tiles is a quick and easy fix. You can apply Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile in a day for an instant tile makeover - without the mess and fuss.
YOU WILL NEED:
Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile kit
Heavy-duty tile cleaner
Clean cloths or rags
Plastic drop cloth
Foam paint roller
GOOD TO KNOW: Open all windows and doors and have a fan on hand to clear the room air quickly.
1. Remove all plug and light switch covers, silicone or beading around the edge of tiles, and cover countertops with a plastic drop cloth taped down with masking tape.
2. Use a scouring pad and tile cleaner to scrub down tiles and grout. Make sure to remove all traces of grease, particularly behind a stove or extractor fan. Also scrub the grout lines between the tiles.
GOOD TO KNOW: For glossy tiles it's a good idea to go over the tiles with 180-grit sandpaper.
3. Rinse with a clean cloth and wipe dry.
4. Follow the instructions for correct mixing procedure.
GOOD TO KNOW: Mix both parts A and B before combining the two together and mixing thoroughly.
5. It's a good idea for two people to do this project. One can start painting the grout lines...
...While the other follows with a paint roller to smooth the paint and cover the tiles.
GOOD TO KNOW: Leave the first coat to dry for 1 hour.
6. Repeat step 5 above to apply a second coat.
GOOD TO KNOW: Double check around the edges that all areas have been covered.
See the video below for more information on this project.