Interior and exterior window shutters
Window and folding-door shutters are ideal for light, wind and ventilation control on a patio, garden room. or any room in the home.
Not only do they enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home, they will also increase the value.
There are some tips to bear in mind when deciding to install shutters in your home:
Window shutters manufactured from wood may tend to fade over time.
Regular cleaning with a feather duster and polishing twice a year with Danish oil will keep the wood looking beautiful for much longer.
Tilt slats up, then down (but not so the blinds are full closed), then clean with the cloth or vacuum brush. Clean from side to side, following the direction of the slats. Use a clean, lint-free cloth and add the smallest amount of Danish oil. Wipe dry. Now allow the product to age beautifully. And whilst wood shutters will need more maintenance than plastic or faux wood, the beauty, elegance and warmth of real wood provides a look that is timeless.
• Excess moisture can warp or discolour the wood, even though the wood is sealed. Use a clean soft dust cloth, feather duster, or vacuum brush to wipe off dust. Danish oil can also be used to maintain the natural luster of the wood.
• If security is of concern, ensure that the manufacturer can supply folding doors that are supplied with locks and keys. Shutters, such as those offered by Windovert - allows for a lock one side of the door, but an additional lock can be supplied at an additional cost.
• Window shutters offer a variable amount of privacy and are adjustable to vary the amount of sunlight into a room.
• Originally shutters were used to protect a home's windows from the wind of a hurricane or cold of a winter storm. Now most shutters are purely decorative in nature and are not intended for exterior use, unless specifically designed for this purpose.
• Warranties vary from one manufacturer to another, so be sure to inquire about this. If the manufacturer offers you a 2-year guarantee period, you can be assured that you are buying a quality product.