Simple and stylish circular patio table
We are lucky enough to have sunny weather almost all year round. If you have a deck or patio you need a table, and this circular patio table is easy enough to make.
This circular table is stylish enough to use indoors as well as outdoors, but it's perfect for a covered deck or patio. The base and legs are made using PAR pine and the top is painted MDF. You will find everything you need for this project at your local Builders.
YOU WILL NEED:
3 of 2,4 metre lengths of 32 x 69mm PAR pine
800mm diameter 16mm MDF countertop
Paint to finish and painting equipment
Drill / Driver plus assorted bit
Jigsaw with adjustable base plate - Mitre saw is preferred
Orbital sander plus 120- and 240-grit sanding pads
Tape measure and pencil
1. Cut the lower attachment pieces to 368mm long with a 30-degree cut at one end. At the other end cut a 15-degree angle for mounting the leg section.
2. Use pocketholes to join these sections together to create the base for the table. Make sure the pocketholes with be underneath the base once assembled.
3. Repeat this process for the top section, with a length of 180mm for the sections.
4. Cut the table legs to the desired length for the height of the table. This allows you to have a side table, or a high table that is at a comfortable height for your indoor or outdoor furniture.
5. Attach the legs to the end of the base and top assembly using 45mm screws. You will need to sand the edges for a flush, flat finish. Apply wood filler to these visible holes and sand once dry.
Cut the table top to 800mm diameter. If you have a router, use a roundover or decorative bit to finish off the edge of the table.
Paint the table base and table top in your choice of colour. For this project the table base was painting with white acrylic and the top with a light green acrylic. Using a Bosch PFS spray system offers a professional finish for all your painted projects. I have personally been using a Bosch PFS for several years and I'm very satisfied with the results.
Place the table top face down, position the table base centrally on top and secure in place with 4.5 x 45mm screws.