Kids project - Herbal soap for Mother's Day
What better way to spoil our moms for Mother's Day than with a simple, fun and creative herbal soap that the kids can make with a little help.
Mom's love 'smellies' - but rather than go out and buy expensive products, here's a way to may your own herbal soap.
YOU WILL NEED:
Glycerin soap (buy at craft stores or
Fresh herbs (basil, mint, rosemary, orange and lemon)
Plastic spoon or spatula
Spray n’ Cook
Recycle yoghurt cups
1. Start collecting old yoghurt cups. For this project we used a 75ml yogurt cup that came as part of a pack of six.
2. If you don't already have the herbs needed for this project, buy a small plant - you can give this to mom as well.
3. Have mom or dad cut the glycerin soap into small blocks and place these in a glass jug and then melt in the microwave. Stir every so often to break up big chunks.
4. Cut your herbs into small enough pieces to add to the soap. If adding citrus, zest the peel and squeeze some of the juice into a cup for extra citrus - it adds a wonderful scent.
5. Spray the yoghurt cups with cooking spray. This will prevent the soap from sticking to the container.
6. Add your chopped herbs and citrus to the melted glycerin. Stir and then pour your contents into your yoghurt container.
7. Let the soap sit for about an hour to set and then pop it in the freezer for another hour or so. It should then pop right out. Now you can make a pretty gift box, or buy some tissue paper and a gift bag.
For more information on bringing Life to your Garden, visit our website www.lifeisagarden.co.za or join the conversation on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/lifeisagardensa