Make a notice / menu board
Build a custom-framed chalkboard to hang in your kitchen, creating a central location for everyone to leave messages, write up menus or keep up with each others' schedules.
YOU WILL NEED:
 of 600 x 935 hardboard 3mm
 of 120 x 600mm supawood 9mm C  of 100 x 800mm supawood 9mm
 of 100 x 400mm supawood 9mm
 of 30 x 600mm supawood 9mm
 of 20 x 600mm supawood 9mm
Silicone sealer and caulk gun
Rust-Oleum 2X heritage white spray paint
 690 x 12mm supawood
* clear protective spray
Rust-Oleum chalkboard paint
 ring hangers
 picture hooks and nails
1. Have all your pieces cut to size at your local Builders Warehouse.
2. Sand all supawood edges with 240-grit sandpaper until shiny and smooth.
3. Lay all the pieces face up on newspaper and lightly spray on two coats of Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint, allowing drying time between each coat.
4. Place the hardboard face up and glue the sides and bottom section directly onto the hardboard. Assemble the top section separately, gluing together the individual components and then glue this onto the hardboard. Let the glue dry overnight.
5. Just to let you know that I did this step wrong!
Apply chalkboard paint to the front of the hardboard BEFORE you glue everything together. I realised afterwards that this would have been soooo much easier.
6. Screw two ring hangers into back of chalkboard with picture wire strung between rings. Nail picture hooks into wall and hang.