Quick Project: DIY Teepee Cat Bed
Make this wooden teepee cat bed using PAR pine that you can buy at any Builders store.
This pine teepee cat bed is a quick and easy project using laminated pine shelving that you can buy at any Builders store or timber merchant.
Even an absolute beginner DIY enthusiast can make this project and it's a great small project to start out with if you are a cat lover.
The teepee cat bed is made using laminated pine shelving with a lap joint at the top to hold the sections together. A lap joint is an overlapping joint that locks or holds two pieces together without the need for screws or fasteners.
Another feature on this teepee cat bed is a scratching panel down the one side. This can be a piece of offcut carpet or a doormat that is glued onto the side of the cat bed.
YOU WILL NEED:
1 of 305 x 1800mm laminated pine shelving cut to:
- 2 of 580mm length - sides of teepee
- 1 of cut to fit - base of teepee
4 x 35mm screws 
Drill/Driver plus assorted bits
Jigsaw and clean-cut blade
Tape measure and pencil
1. Use your drill/driver to drill 10mm holes in the corners where you will cut out the lap joints - slots.
2. Clamp the sides to your workbench to cut out the slots. Sand smooth after cutting.
3. The bottom section is screwed to the sides and you need to drill pilot holes at a slight angle to prevent the wood from splitting when you drive in the screws.
GOOD TO KNOW: For the more advanced DIY enthusiasts, cut the edges of the base at an angle to fit perfectly between the sides.