When rain threatens the integrity of your home, Sika offers a damp-proofing system that will get rid of your damp problems for good!
Don't let rain or wet weather threaten the integrity of your home when Sika offers a damp-proofing system that will get rid of your damp problems for good!
Guideline to use Sika Cemflex Slurry and
1. All coatings are to be taken off the walls. In severe cases where plaster has deteriorated, walls should be broken back to concrete or brickwork,
2. Entire area should be cleaned and prepared for plasterwork. Once cleaned dampen surface with water, however make sure there is no standing water on the surface.
3. Brush the first layer of the Cemflex slurry onto the surface and allow to dry, the following day should be long enough. (see datasheet of Cemflex for mixing instruction and mix ratio.)
4. Apply a second coat of Cemflex slurry that will act as a bonding agent and while the second coat is still wet and tacky, apply the plaster where Sikalite has been added into the mixture.
5. An optional recommendation would then be to brush Sikagard-905W on top of the plaster once it is dry. No plaster primer is needed before coating the Sikagard-905W onto the plaster.
GOOD TO KNOW: In severe cases
sometimes three layers of Cemflex slurry would
be recommended with two layers of plaster.
For further technical guidance please contact Sika on 031 792 6500.