Quick Project: Desktop Laptop Stand
You can make this ingenious desktop laptop stand in an hour with a few tools and supplies.
Inexpensive to make, this ingenious laptop stand allows you to set up office anywhere. You only need a few materials and basic tools to make the laptop stand, and it should only take you about an hour to make. Plus, you can buy everything you need at your closest Builders store.
YOU WILL NEED:
2 of 18/19 x 150 x 300mm plywood - frame
1 of pine dowel, 12mm diameter, cut to length required.
120- and 240-grit sandpaper
Drill / Driver plus assorted bits
Jigsaw and clean-cut blade
12mm spade bit
Tape measure and pencil
1. Click on the diagram above to print out actual size template. Tape this onto your plywood frames and draw the shapes. Also mark the hole to drill out for inserting the pine dowel.
2. Use a jigsaw to cut out the two size frames for the laptop stand.
3. Sand the cut edges with 120-grit sandpaper and then smooth with 240-grit sandpaper.
4. Clamp the frames to your workbench and drill out a 12mm hole in both frames with a spade bit.
GOOD TO KNOW: Only drill to three-quarters the depth for the hole and then flip the piece over to continue. Alternatively, place a piece of scrap wood underneath the frames to prevent chipping if you drill all the way through.
5. Push the cut dowel through one side and then apply wood glue to both ends of dowel to secure into frames. Put aside for the glue to dry.
Apply your choice of natural matte or gloss polyurethane sealer to protect.