Make a mobile storage cart
Here's how to make a storage cart - any size you want - that can be used for storage underneath a worktop or in an empty space.
Marlene Cronje, our DIY Diva in Pretoria, made this mobile storage cart to fit underneath the countertop in her kitchen. The mobile cart is large enough to storage plenty of supplies, but you can make it any size you want to fit into an available space.
YOU WILL NEED:
1 of 450 x 1000mm piece of SupaWood, Plywood or BisonBord - for the base
4 of 44 x 44 x 700mm pine - corner uprights
18 of 44 x 1000mm pine - front / back slats
18 of 44 x 450mm pine - side slats
Caster wheels  and 16mm screws
Drill / Driver plus assorted bits
Jigsaw and clean-cut blade
4 x 40mm screws
Tape measure and pencil
Buy everything you need for this project at your local Builders Warehouse.
1. Use a mitre saw to cut a 45-degree angle at the ends of all the planks for the front, back and side.
2. Place a front, back and the sides on top of the base board and glue in place. Clamp down and let the glue dry.
3. Flip over to drill a 3mm countersunk pilot hole through the base and secure with 4 x 40mm screws all along the length.
4. Flip onto a side and glue the upright supports onto the base one by one. Secure each leg through the base with  3mm countersunk pilot holes and screws.
5. Now you can continue to add the slats onto the upright supports - drilling countersunk pilot holes for each screw, and making sure that the side holes are slightly away from those at the front and back.
6. Finally, add the caster wheels and your new mobile storage cart is ready for use