How to paint wicker furniture
If you need to give wicker furniture a new lease on life, a quick makeover with Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint will do the job. Make sure to spend time on the preparation and your new painted wicker furniture will be good looking for longer.
It's so easy to refresh wicker furniture for indoors or outdoors. And using Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint in your choice of colour is the easiest way to give grubby wicker furniture a new life. Wicker furniture is not only comfortable, it is durable too, but over time wicker can start to look faded. Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint is formulated for use on cane and wicker furniture and provides a smooth, even finish.
You will find a wide selection of Rust-Oleum 2X colour options at your local Builders Warehouse, and while white is always a favourite, especially for outdoor pieces, you can also choose soft pastel shades. Add some comfy cushions to match the new paint finish and add a fresh modern look.
YOU WILL NEED:
Polycell sugar soap
Bucket of warm water
Dropcloth or rubbish bag
Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint in your choice of colour
- Cleaning is essential before you paint. Brush all over with a soft brush. You will find that an old toothbrush comes in handy for getting into tight corners and hard-to-reach spots. Brushing removes any built up dust and dirt that tends to settle
in-between the weave and it's important to remove this.
- Use a sponge to wipe the furniture piece down with sugar-soap. Rinse a couple of times with clean water and leave to dry completely.
- Place the furniture on a dropcloth or rubbish bag to prevent floors. It is best to do the spray painting outdoors. Set up in a shady spot when it's not too windy.
- Apply the first coat of spray-paint in a gentle, sweeping motion - working from right to left (or vice-versa). It's best to apply several light coats rather than one dripping wet coat. Always allow drying time between coats.
- Once you've achieved an even finish over the whole piece, leave to dry overnight and then check the entire surface for any missed areas or uneven patches.