Plascon Micatex Now Contains Polycell For Even More Strength
Tougher Together - Plascon Micatex, the strongest exterior paint, now contains Polycell for even more strength, toughness and protection.
The trusted and proven duo of mica for stretch and marble for strength has made Plascon Micatex South Africa’s favourite exterior paint choicefor decades. Now there’s a new duo that’s even tougher - PlasconMicatex with Polycell.
Fixing hairline cracks is painstaking and time-consuming – a nightmare for homeowners, let alone the contractors who have multi-storey buildings to paint. All textured paints claim to cover hairline cracks – but how can you be sure that they really do? Only Plascon Micatex is now formulated with Polycell Fine Crack Filler, so you can be 100% sure that new Plascon Micatex with Polycell will cover all hairline cracks, all the time! And by securely covering all hairline cracks, Plascon Micatex prevents damp, a very common problem on exterior walls, by retarding water seepage through the hairline cracks. Your walls will stay dry and protected and have that ‘just painted’ look for 12 years with the Plascon Micatex quality guarantee.
Plascon Micatex with Polycell derives its WeatherTough Protection TM from the unique combination of special grades of mica and marble. Tests have shown that the paint film of Plascon Micatex is 2 times thicker than conventional paints and 23% tougher than a leading competitor. This makes Plascon Micatex with Polycell the unrivalled leader in delivering the strength and durability needed to protect your exterior walls from both the harsh South African weather conditions and the wear-and-tear of everyday living.
In addition, keeping exterior walls clean and looking newer for longer has just been made easier. Plascon Micatex with Polycell has very low dirt pick-up ensuring that dirt and dust washes off easily, so your exterior walls always look ‘just painted’. This is just one of the reasons why Plascon Micatex has been specified by leading architects for more than 25 years!
For ultimate protection, strength, toughness and peace of mind, Plascon Micatex with Polycell will continue to be South Africa’s trusted and specified exterior paint for many more years to come.
Supported by a full 360-degree communication and activation campaign, Plascon Micatex with Polycell will be available in stores fromAugust 2020 in new-look packaging. You can rest assured that Plascon’s Micatex with Polycell has got you covered. For more information visit www.plascon.com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler
1. What is Polycell Fine Crack Filler and why have you combined it with Micatex?
Polycell Fine Crack Filler is a ready-mixed
filler for filling hairline cracks. It provides
tough, flexible and weather-resistant filling.
Combined with Plascon Micatex it offers even more protection and provides an extra strong exterior coating that is designed to fill and cover hairline cracks effectively.
2. Is Polycell Fine Crack Filler not for interior use?
As a stand-alone product Polycell Fine Crack Filler is for interior use, however, its formulation in Plascon Micatex has been enhanced for exterior use.
3. Is it more expensive to use Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler?
No. In the past, one may have needed to buy two separate products for the same effect that Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler now offers. The two-in-one product not only saves consumers time, but money, too.
4. Can I use Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler on interior and exterior walls?
Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler is designed for exterior walls.
5. What are hairline cracks?
They are surface cracks not wider/thicker than 0.08mm.
6. Do I need to fill hairline cracks before using Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler?
No. The product is designed to fill hairline cracks. It cannot fill holes in the surface or large cracks – these will need to be treated with the correct surface preparation product before coating with Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler.
7. Do I need to use multiple coats of Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler?
Two coats are recommended.
8. What makes Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler the toughest exterior paint?
● Mica for stretch and marble for strength
● 2 x more film thickness than conventional paints
● 23 % more paint film than the leading competitor
9. Is Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler environmentally friendly?
The product is sold in upcycled buckets that are made from up to 75% recycled material and are also fully recyclable. The product itself has lower VOC’s as it is water-based and free from harmful APEO’s.
10. Can I use Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler on tiled surfaces?
11. Does Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler have a guarantee?
Yes, Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler has a 12-year guarantee.
12. Is Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler easy to clean?
Compared to other textured paints it has a lower dirt pick-up, which means your walls stay cleaner for longer.
13. How does Plascon Micatex with Polycell Fine Crack Filler prevent damp?
By effectively covering hairline cracks it retards water from entering through the cracks, which may cause damp problems (this excludes rising damp), premature colour fading, or cracking and peeling of the paint.
14. Can I add more Polycell in my paint to cover bigger cracks?
No, it is not recommended. Large cracks have to be filled with the appropriate filler. The product is formulated to perform optimally, so adding anything to the product will negatively impact its performance.
15. Does Polycell affect the colour of the product
No, it does not. You will get the same colour that you’ve always had.