String art heart
Green Wedding Shoes designs for weddings, and as part of the design process they are often called upon to come up with unique wedding decor ideas. This string art heart is one of those decor projects. I think it would also look good on a bedroom wall. If you are planning a DIY wedding, pop onto this website for great ideas.
You will need:
Piece of wood – the bigger the more dramatic!
String – we used the pink neon thin rope you can find at Home Depot, but you could use any yarn or string
Nails (if want a nail with a decent head so the string won’t pop off)
Spray paint to paint the wood
White paper to draw the heart on
1. Spray paint the wood the background colour you picked. We used dark grey, so the pink would really pop.
2. Once the paint is dry, tape the wood with the white paper and draw the heart shape on the paper.
3. Time to get the hammer out! Nail around the entire outline of the heart – we spaced our nails about an 2cm apart.
4. Once all your nails are in. Remove the white paper and throw it away.
5. Now the fun part. Get your string and tie a knot around the head of one of the nails. Keep stringing the string around nails. There isn’t a right or wrong way – just keep going until you like the pattern you created. I also then outlined the entire heart to make the outline pop a bit more also.