Simple knot serviette rings
A few pieces of cord are all that is needed to make these knotted serviette rings for a special occasion.
1. Loop the cord around an empty toilet roll holder, as shown.
2. Rotate the holder toward you by one-third.
3. Pull slack end down and out of the way. Push left loop over right. Thread slack end under and then over as shown. Rotate holder toward you by one-third.
4. Push right loop over to left; thread slack end under, over, and under as shown. Follow rope's pattern a second time (keep to right of initial pattern). Continue until pattern has been woven twice. Remove ring; finish ends by using a needle to sew through the rope just below any frayed ends and tightly wrap thread around rope a couple of times.
5. Sew through several more times to secure. Cut off end of rope just above thread. Singe frayed ends with a lighter to seal. Sew ends to underside.