Easy tool caddy using recycled materials
This handy tool caddy is made using food cans and a scrap of plywood and we show you how easy it is to make your own.
Make this handy tool caddy using recycled aluminium cans and a scrap piece of plywood or pine. It's very easy to make and you will find everything you need to complete the project at your local Builders.
YOU WILL NEED:
Scrap piece of pine or plywood
Drill / Driver plus assorted bits
Steel ruler or square
Tape measure and pencil
1. Place one of the cans you will be using onto the scrap piece of board to determine the height for the centre handle. Mark on both ends of the scrap board.
2. Draw a straight line as a guide for cutting.
3. Draw another line approximately 80mm up from the first line for cutting out the handle section. Mark out an outline for the handle section.
4. Cut out the handle using a jigsaw. Clamp the piece firmly to your workbench.
5. Drill 10mm holes to allow for inserting the jigsaw blade to cut out the centre opening for the handle.
6. Pre-drill two 3mm hole at the top of each can to make it easier to mount onto the centre board.
7. Secure the cans onto the board with 16mm screws.
8. Repeat to add your cans to the other side of the centre board.
And now you have a handy tool caddy that makes it easier to carry the tools you need for any small project in and around the house.