Add a Feature to your Floors with a Mandala Stencil
Use Tjhoko Paint and stencil of Paris to create a beautiful Mandala design on a concrete floor.
This beautiful Mandala stencil design is an easy project that you can complete in a day. You can choose any colour of Tjhoko paint for the project and will find detailed instructions below.
2. Use the paint scraper to thoroughly mix the paint and the stencil of Paris.
3. Prepare the floor area where the stencil design will be applied with lacquer thinners. Put on rubber gloves and use a clean rag to wipe the entire area. Leave to dry for 30 to 40 minutes.
4. Lay the quarter section Mandala stencil on the floor where you want the design to show. Make sure that it is perfectly flat on the floor.
5. Use the paint scraper to apply the paint over the stencil, starting at the inside corner.
GOOD TO KNOW: When applying the paste with the paint scraper, don't apply too thickly - it should be level with the surface of the stencil. Use the paint scraper to remove excess paste and apply this elsewhere.
6. Once the paste is completely dry - approximately an hour, gently lift the inside corner and peel back to remove the stencil. Wipe the stencil clean before re-using.
7. Use a damp rag to remove any paste marks around the edges of the stencil.
7. Mix up another batch of paint and stencil of Paris to repeat the process for the next quarter section.
8. For the second quarter, align the edge of the stencil with the completed quarter section, as shown below.
9. Apply the paste mix with a paint scraper as you did for the first quarter.
10. Continue to apply the paste mix over the second quarter of the design, leave to dry and then remove and clean the stencil to complete the remaining two quarter sections.
The paint and plaster relief design can be left as is, in which case it will slowly wear with time and take on a patina of age. Should you require a longer-lasting effect, apply 2 or 3 coats of polyurethane sealer over the plaster mix.
home / tuis / tjhoko paint