Add a vintage effect to Chalked chalk paint
With Rust-Oleum Aged Glaze and Smoked Glaze you can add a vintage touch to your Chalked chalk paint projects.
The Chalked decorative glazes from Rust-Oleum allow you to add a custom vintage finish to any Chalked ultra matte painted surface. The semi-transparent Aged Glaze or Smoked Glaze offers easy workability - allowing you to easily customise all your chalk paint projects. These two decorative glazes enhance the details of brush strokes, wood grain, and moulding or embellishments, giving your chalk painted furniture even more eye-catching detail.
Rust-Oleum Chalked decorative glazes are easy to apply, and can be applied directly over any Chalked painted finish. Simply brush on and wipe off for your desired look - Antique a little, or antique a lot.
Use Rust-Oleum Chalked Ultra Matte paint and Chalked Decorative Glaze to bring new life to a dining table.
1. Sand the table with an orbital sander and 180-grit sandpaper to remove the existing finish. Lightly dampen a cloth with mineral turpentine to wipe away any dust.
2. Apply Ultimate Wood Stain liberally to the table top, working in small sections. Let the stain sit for about 2 to 3 minutes before using a rag to wipe away any excess stain on the surface. Leave to dry for 1 hour.
GOOD TO KNOW: For darker colours, let stain sit longer before wiping away.
3. Stir the Chalked paint thoroughly and use a quality synthetic brush to apply light, even brush strokes on the table top and base. Allow the first coat dry for at least 30 minutes before applying a second coat. Let the paint fully cure for 3 to 4 days before applying decorative glaze.
4. Gently stir the tin of glaze and then apply with a synthetic brush. Coat the surface of the chalked paint finish evenly, making sure to get into detailing, crevices and corners. Use a rag to wipe excess glaze from the surface to reveal the finished look. Let dry for at least 8 hours before applying a top coat.
GOOD TO KNOW: Wipe in the direction of the wood grain.
5. For added protection, apply Chalked Protective Topcoat over the entire table with a quality synthetic paintbrush. Use light, even strokes. Leave to dry for at least 2 hours between coats. Apply a total of 2 coats for the best protection.