DIY Gingerbread Decorations
Grab your power tools to make these gingerbread decorations.
YOU WILL NEED:
Acrylic paint, brown
120- and 180-grit sandpaper
Drill/Driver plus assorted bits
Jigsaw + scrollsaw blade (thin blade)
Bosch PFS spray system
Hot glue gun
Craft knife and cutting mat
Tape measure and pencil
1. Print out the template and cut out. Transfer the outline onto your Supawood offcuts.
GOOD TO KNOW: To make a larger gingerbread man, enlarge the template.
2. Cut out the shapes with your jigsaw using a scrollsaw blade. This blade has a thin shaft that cuts corners and curves easily. After cutting, sand the edges smooth.
GOOD TO KNOW: For easy cutting, use your drill/driver and a 10mm bit to drill holes at the tight curves.
3. Where marked on the template, use a 10mm wood drill bit to drill for the eyes, buttons and both corners of the mouth. Continue to cut out with your jigsaw and then sand smooth.
4. Glue the cut shapes in the centre of a piece of board.
5. To finish off your gingerbread decorations, spray with a Bosch PFS spray system. Once the paint is dry you can decorate with ribbon.
GOOD TO KNOW: If you don't
own a Bosch PFS spray system, spray the
gingerbread men with Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint.