Get Stoned with Rust-Oleum Stone Textured Spray
Use Rust-Oleum Stone textured spray to create your own stunning stone-effect decor accessories to match your mood and your home.
The Rust-Oleum range of spray paint products make it so easy to refresh dated decor accessories and bring a new look to any home. Rust-Oleum show you how easy it is to transform ordinary decorative accessories into stunning features using a can of Rust-Oleum Stone textured spray.
You will find the full range of Rust-Oleum spray paint and other products at your local Builders store, and we have included links here for more information on the Rust-Oleum Stone textured spray. Grab a can or two today and have some fun!
Using a stone-effect textured spray is just one of the ways you can keep up with interior trends, and stone effects continue to be a popular trend. Rust-Oleum offer a range of stone effect colours, from bleached stone to slate, allowing you to choose the perfect colour for your home.
Save money on having to buy new decor accessories for your home with a can or two of Rust-Oleum - products and colours that go a long way to refreshing and reviving what you already have.
YOU WILL NEED:
Rust-Oleum Stone texture spray in your choice of colour
Drop cloth or newspaper
For this project, Rust-Oleum show how easily you can give an old vase a new look simply by spraying on a stone effect. See the instructions below on how to do this.
1. Make sure the object being sprayed is clean and dry. I always like to give a light sanding with 240-grit sandpaper before spraying. Not only does this provide a much better surface for spraying, it also removes any remaining grime not removed by cleaning. Wipe clean.
2. In a well-ventilated space or outdoors, put down a drop cloth or newspaper to protect your worktop.
3. Use painter's tape to mask off the area that is not going to be painted. Make sure to press down the tape around the edges to prevent any bleed.
Shake the can well for at least 1 minute.
4. Hold the spray can upright and at about 30cm away from the object being sprayed. Press down on the nozzle and apply a light coat of stone texture. Only work in short bursts and spray from left to right, or vice-versa. Do not apply too much texture on the first coat.
Let the first coat dry before applying a second coat.
5. Apply the second coat only once the first coat is completely dry. Spray from side to side until the entire surface area is covered. Leave the dry for the time specified.
Your refreshed decor accessories are now ready to be put on display!