Quick and easy cardboard lampshade
Turn a cardboard box into a quick and easy lampshade that can easily be dressed up or down for any room in a home.
YOU WILL NEED:
Hot glue gun
Rust-Oleum 2X blossom white spray paint*
Electrical cord and lamp fitting
Ruler or tape measure and pencil
*Spray paint the cardboard before you assemble if you don't want a plain cardboard lamp shade.
You will find everything you need for this project at your local Builders Warehouse. Buy a length of 2-core cable long enough to attach to existing light wiring an hang to the desired height.
1. You will need a piece of cardboard that can be folded to the size of the lampshade that you want. Spray this with white spray paint before assembly.
2. Fold the cardboard into 5 equal sides and then flatten out and cut 50mm wide strips. This lamp has 7 strips, but you can add more if you wish.
3. Use a hot glue gun to join the ends of each strip together and then use a bead of hot glue to fasten the individual sections together. Use enough glue to make sure the sections are securely fastened together.
4. Cut a piece of cardboard that is the same size as the cardboard sections. Cut out an opening to mount the lamp fitting and then glue this on top of the assembled cardboard lampshade.
5. Now you are ready to switch off the main power and attach your new light fitting with cardboard lampshade.