Pretty Pattern for Kids Bedroom
Add colour and interest to a child's bedroom by painting a colourful diamond design onto a wall or cupboard doors.
If you are looking for an easy way to incorporate colour and pattern into a nursery or children's bedroom, this colourful diamond pattern is just the thing. All you need is some paint and a few accessories. You can paint the pattern onto a plain wall, or apply to the doors of built-in cabinets.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with paint colours by adding varying quantities of white to different colours to make lighter hues of the same colour. Just be sure to mix enough paint to finish the job!
GOOD TO KNOW: Take advantage of the Paint Promotion currently on at Builders and stock up on paint to re-decorate your home.
YOU WILL NEED:
Acrylic paint in your choice of colours
Masking or painter's tape
Tape measure and pencil
1. Take off all the old hardware. If you plan on using this again, put aside in a safe place.
2. Use a tape measure and pencil and divide the width and length of the cupboard doors (or wall) into equal sections. Make light pencils marks along the top, bottom and sides of the cupboard doors.
GOOD TO KNOW: Make sure the marks on the top and at the bottom (and left and right) are equally spaced and directly opposite each other.
3. Using painter's tape or masking tape, join the marked lines - diagonally across the doors or wall to create the diamond-shaped grid pattern as shown below.
4. Decant the primer into a paint tray and use the sponge roller to apply an even coat of primer over the entire surface to be painted. Allow the primer to cure overnight.
GOOD TO KNOW: If you want to leave some diamond-shapes unpainted (as we did), don't apply primer to these areas.
5. Pour your first paint colour into the paint tray and paint the diamond shapes with the foam roller. Repeat this for how many colours you have selected. The painted shapes will probably require two coats of paint, but remember to allow sufficient drying time between coats.
6. Before the paint dries completely, carefully peel off and remove the masking tape.
6. Finish off by re-attaching the hardware or adding new hardware to complement your beautiful paint job!
Referenced from Gallo images / Home Magazine