Amazing bathroom makeovers
If you are planning to renovate or update your bathroom in the near future, here are some inspiring bathroom makeovers.
To create a spa-like feel, added fittings include a soaker tub, a frameless shower enclosure, a new toilet and luxurious finishes including marble, glass mosaic tiles and a crystal chandelier. A new skylight also helps illuminate the many amenities in this divine bathroom.
If your shower is till bricked off, think about installing glass panels, or glass blocks, to create a more inviting space.
On the wall across from the shower is a chic double vanity comprising of dark wood cabinetry topped with a white quartz countertop, topped off with two very tall mirrors and two modern polished stainless steel basins with funky wall-mounted spout faucets.
Depending on your budget, there are a number of products that can be used to update a bathroom.
Accessories and bathroom ware in modern design lines and tiles in earthy tones can fashionably transform a dreary-looking bathroom and bring it in line with current trends.
If you have big bucks to blow on a complete new look and layout you may want to consider one or two key pieces and stand-out design elements. However, it is possible to update a bathroom that’s in desperate need of a make-over on a shoestring budget.
For those bigger budget projects consider these items...
• Retile the entire bathroom with a neutral colour ceramic or porcelain tile and tile right up to the ceiling for easy maintenance.
• Include a column of colourful mosaics or sandstone cladding to create a feature wall
• Add beautiful listelli borders as a finishing touch to the walls.
• Invest in an impressive-looking free-standing or spa-bath to make a statement.
• In a big bathroom an double vanity could be your focal point. Make sure to round off with a matching mirror for extra flair.
• Install under-floor heating and a heated towel rail for the ultimate luxury of warm feet and towels during the cold winter months.
Items that won't blow your budget...
• Taps, mixers and a shower rose in modern design lines instantly transform a tired looking bathroom.
• Glass or natural stone mosaics laid either horizontally or vertically as a border in-between neutral tiles. The border can be a single row of tiles or a couple of rows, depending on your budget.
• Bathroom ware such as a new toilet, basin and vanity in current designs will immediately update the look.
Affordable items that can make a difference:
• Install a glass shelf to display an eye-catching vase or pamper goodies.
• Glass shelves are fairly inexpensive and easy to install yourself.
• A stylish mirror above the basin reflects light and makes the bathroom appear bigger.
• If the tiles are outdated and extend halfway up the wall, consider a border in glass mosaics to uplift the look and add a modern touch.
• Shop for a secondhand cabinet and make your own unique bathroom vanity.
For more information about Tile Africa visit www.tileafrica.co.za .