Give bathroom tiles a fresh, new look
It isn't that difficult to give those grubby bathroom tiles a fresh, new look and we provide some simple and effective ways to do this.
If your bathroom tiles are looking grubby, no matter how many tiles you clean them, we offer some simple and effective ways to give your bathroom tiles a fresh, new look.
While this method requires a little more effort than others, the result is definitely worth it and you will have clean grout lines that will give any bathroom a refreshed feel.
YOU WILL NEED:
Grout in your choice of colour
Bosch multifunction tool plus segment saw blade
1. Use the multi-function tool and saw blade to remove the existing grout between tiles. Work carefully so as not to damage the tiles. You can use a grout scraper to remove any remaining grout.
2. After removing the old grout you can apply new grout. Mix the powdered grout as specified on the pack.
3. Spread the grout mix over the gaps using a spatula, making sure to press firmly into the joint until filled completely.
GOOD TO KNOW: Use a sponge to remove any excess grout.
4. Once everything has dried properly, you clean the tiles thoroughly with a sponge and then a soft, dry cloth.
Apply epoxy paint
Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile Kit is an epoxy paint that can easily be applied to tiles in a bathroom or kitchen. You will find the Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile Kit or aerosol at Builders Warehouse.
YOU WILL NEED:
Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile Kit or aerosol spray
1. The tiles must be absolutely clean before application. Use a scrubbing pad to clean the tiles and grout lines.
2. Apply painter's tape to any areas not being painted and put down drop cloths to protect floors and surrounding fixtures.
3. Apply the epoxy paint in accordance with the instructions provided with the kit.
GOOD TO KNOW: It is best to remove the painter's tape before the paint dries completely.