Exterior Cleaning Tips To Enhance Your Curb Appeal
The New Year is here and it is time to do a little home exterior cleaning so that you face 2020 with a house that is clean and ready for the year ahead.
The New Year is here and it is time to do a little home exterior cleaning so that you face 2020 with a house that is clean and has wonderful curb appeal. You want your home to be at its best before you head back to work so that you won’t have that nagging feeling that you missed something in your New Year’s Resolution list—and that means cleaning home exteriors, too.
The following are some tips you can follow to enhance your curb appeal:
Tip 1: Get Experts to Assist You
If cleaning the exterior of your home is an important chore for you, but you can’t do it on your own, it can be good to find an expert team to do it for you. There are different reasons for asking experts to assist you, such as:
● Your schedule
is already too full.
● You find it hard to understand cleaning suggestions online.
● Experts are more knowledgeable about the proper steps to take when cleaning.
You may benefit from hiring a professional power washing company in Los Angeles CA to assist you. Expert cleaners know that some people are just too busy to do this cleaning job alone so they can readily provide you with that service. Since they are more experienced at cleaning your home, it can shine even when viewed from the curb.
Tip 2: Do It From Top to Bottom
If, on the other hand, you choose to clean on your own, it is always good to start from your roof and work your way down. Why? Because any dirt, grime or particulates from the roof will simply wash down into the gutters and down walls onto the pavement below. You can then progress to cleaning the walls and sidings, windows and doors, and then the pavement itself. This actually makes the most out of daytime hours so that your home will quickly become a star when it comes to curb appeal.
Tip 3: Use the Right Equipment
It is important to do this cleaning job with the correct equipment because it makes the job progress faster and more logically without cutting any corners in the process.
You can do some research online to determine which equipment you may have to use. This is a good step to follow because you may have to borrow or buy some equipment like stepladders and power washers. You will need a stepladder to reach the very top of the roof where the work will start. A ladder can also be useful when you clean out roof gutters and hose down sidings and walls.
On the other hand, a power washer is always a good machine to have around on cleaning day, but just make sure you have adequate electricity to power it with. If you hire an expert cleaning team, they probably have their own equipment, but ask them first just to be sure.
Tip 4: Plan Your Attack Beforehand
There is a logical way to go about cleaning home exteriors so it pays to put some thought into it by making a checklist. This way, you can tick off each of these steps so you get the job done right:
● Jot It Down - Some people may think that everything they need to do is right in their heads already. That may be true for them, but if you tend to miss certain tasks, you may probably do well with a checklist for your home exterior activities.
● Check The Weather Report - This allows you to schedule a cleaning day when there is enough sun, and no rain or snow. You can get your weather report online or through a news channel. Be sure the weather report is focused on your particular location.
● Confer With The Cleaning Team - When hiring experts, it makes sense to collaborate with them so you will see how much time they need to do everything that’s necessary. Sometimes, the cleaning may take more than one day, which may mean adjusting your schedule or postponing some activities.
● Check With Your Neighborhood Association - If your neighborhood has an active homeowners’ association, you should inquire with them about any rules when it comes to big tasks like cleaning home exteriors. You wouldn’t want the work to be stopped midway because there was a rule that you overlooked.
Tip 5: Use The Appropriate Cleaning Solution
Make sure you select a non-toxic, biodegradable cleaning solution so that you won’t be polluting your home. This is important because the dirty water will likely be flushed onto your plants and trees. Make sure as well that your children and pets are not hypersensitive or allergic to the cleaning solution.
Final Thoughts: Check if the Results Are What You Expected
Once the cleaning is done, you can then inspect the results. Go over the parts of the house and see if the outcome matches your expectations. Jot down in your checklist any unfinished tasks, or those you have just discovered. You can then find another day in which to do another round of cleaning if necessary. That way, your home will be thoroughly clean and you have a home exterior you can be proud of.