Try this Creamy Seafood Pasta dish
Courtesy of Wish on Florida Restaurant's Head Chef, Gugu Wanda, this ocean-fresh pasta dish is delicious and easy to whip up for your family.
Try this delicious seafood meal that is packed with flavour, courtesy of Head Chef at Florida Restaurant, Gugu Wanda.
The is the perfect family meal for those that love seafood, and the recipe will serve 3. Of course, you can always adjust the recipe if you need to feed more!
YOU WILL NEED:
Ocean fresh seafood: 120g calamari tubes, 6 mussels and king prawns, 4 squid heads to garnish
250 g penne or tagliatelle
150 ml cream
2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
Fresh herbs: rosemary and thyme
1 tsp tomato paste
1 tbs garlic
salt and pepper
1. For the tomato base, saute half of the chopped onions with, garlic, rosemary and thyme and season to taste.
2. Toss in the chopped tomatoes and simmer until cooked. Remove from the heat, add the tomato paste mix in well.
3. Heat 500ml water until boiling, add 1 tbs salt and 1 tbs olive oil before adding your choice of pasta.
4. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. strain under cold water and put the pasta aside for now.
5. Combine the tomato base with the pasta and add lemon zest and lemon juice and then the pre-cooked pasta.
Finish off by adding the cream to the pasta dish and simmer until thick. Now you're ready to serve and enjoy.