Showstopping Festive Pavlova
This gorgeous pavlova looks as good as it tastes and is the perfect finish to your festive celebrations.
This festive season, put the heavy pudding and sauce aside and treat your taste buds to delicious meringue and berry topping with this pavlova with granadilla curd and fresh berries.
YOU WILL NEED:
Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 2-3 hours | Serves: 8
6 egg whites
400g castor sugar
10ml vanilla extract
Assorted fresh berries
Juice and zest of 3 medium sized lemons
Pulp of 4 granadillas
4 extra large eggs
250g castor sugar
250ml cream, whipped to soft peaks
400g assorted fresh berries
1. Preheat the oven to 110°C.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a mixer until it forms stiff peaks. Slowly add the sugar a few spoonfuls at a time, and continuously whisk back to stiff peaks before adding more sugar. Once all the sugar has been incorporated, add the vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
3. Place the meringue onto a lined oven tray and shape as desired. Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours until the outside is firm and the centre is slightly soft.
4. In a heavy-duty pot, cook the lemon juice and zest, butter and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Add the granadilla pulp and the whisked eggs slowly. Lower the heat. Keep whisking until the curd has thickened.
GOOD TO KNOW: Do not let the curd boil.
5. Strain the curd and refrigerate when cool. The curd should sit overnight before use.
To serve, dollop the pavlova base with whipped cream and then drizzle with granadilla curd. Top with assorted fresh berries.