Mix up a batch of Easter cookie nests
This Easter these Easter nests are perfect as treats for little ones, or for dressing up a family get together. These Easter cookie nests are like shortbread and are perfect treats for Easter when you pop a little mini egg on top.
YOU WILL NEED:
10 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
100 g chocolate (chopped)
1 tablespoons butter (for chocolate)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Use an electric mixer to combine the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Beat in the flour slowly until a dough forms.
3. Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place on an un-greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 mins.
4. Remove from the oven and press thumb prints into the centre of the balls.
5. Place the tray back in the oven for a further 7 to 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
6. Allow to cool fully on a rack and then melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler until smooth. Allow to cool slightly, then pour the chocolate into the cookies little thumbprints. Add a chocolate mini egg on top for a cute Easter look.
More ideas for quick and easy Easter nests