No-bake cheese cake
This is one easy recipe that is perfect for picnics. YuppieChef has some lovely containers for you to prepare and present to family or friends for a birthday or special day. Mother's Day is only a few months away, so put this recipe in a safe place for then.
200g plain cream cheese
5 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
120ml fresh cream, whipped
2 cups of granola (I used vanilla and seed granola)
1. Fill the bottom of each jar with a layer of granola (approximately 125ml each).
2. Place the cream cheese, lemon juice and caster sugar in a bowl and beat together.
3. Using a metal spoon, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Divide this mixture between the jars, spreading evenly over the granola base.
4. Seal the jars and place in the freezer for 1 hour to set.
5. Remove from the freezer and top with the sliced strawberries (or any fruit topping of your choice).
6. Keep in the fridge until you’re ready to pack your picnic basket!