Chalkboard storage unit
Parents will appreciate the ingeniousness of this double-duty storage unit and chalkboard. Besides stashing toys, the unit lets kids' imaginations run wild in a litter-free, paperless way. Chalkboard paint makes it a snap to turn any surface into a doodling board. Note: This unit is NOT designed to be freestanding. It must be placed against a structure or fence.
You will need:
 sheets of 19mm plywood cut to:
 1200 1700mm- back
 490 x 1200mm - base
 490 x 1200mm - face
 450 x 490mm - sides
 470 x 1200mm - lid
 50 x 100mm pine plank cut to length 117mm
 long strips of decorative pine trim
 brass hinges and screws
30mm wood screws
Rust-Oleum chalkboard paint
Polyurethane exterior varnish
1. Assemble the box using wood glue and 30mm wood screws.
2. Prime and paint the bun feet with a light sanding between coats; then, to install them, drill a pilot hole and attach from inside the box with three wood screws.
3. Prime the exterior of the box and then paint the face and upper panel with Rust-Oleum black chalkboard paint; sand lightly between coats.
4. Attach the lid to the top of the box with hinges and wood screws.
5. Dress the box using the pine trim, adding around the back board and front section to finish off.
6.Fill all nail holes with wood filler,
sand and apply three coats of polyurethane vanish to all surfaces, excluding the painted chalkboard sections.