Handy closet organiser
Clean up a messy closet by hanging your ties, belts and scarves on our 3-in-1 closet organizer! All you need is a small piece of supawood or plywood and a hook. Customise your organiser to suit your accessories.
You will need:
300 x 400mm piece of supawood or plywood
10mm spade bit or 10mm wood bit
50mm hole saw
Jigsaw and clean-cut jigsaw blade
Woodoc 5 interior sealer
Our organiser is 30cm wide and 40cm tall, but yours can be taller or narrower. To get a nice curve at the top, use a coathanger as a guide.
1. Centre it, trace the edge and cut it out with a jigsaw. Make a pattern of holes, slots and notches on a piece of paper and transfer it to your board.
1. Drill scarf holes with a 50mm hole saw.
Clamp the board tightly against a piece of scrap wood to prevent chipping as the hole saw exits the plywood.
2. Use a 10mm drill or spade bit to punch out the ends of the slots, and then finish cutting them out with a jigsaw.
3. Sand the hanger with 240-grit sandpaper and apply Woodoc 5 Interior Sealer. Apply a liberal first coat with a paintbrush, let dry and then sand with Woodoc steelwool. Apply the second coat; let dry and apply the final coat.
4. Drill a small hole into the top of the hanger for your hook, squeeze in a bit of epoxy glue to hold it and then screw it in.