Build your own desk
When you build your own desk you have the opportunity to choose the size and finish that work best for you and your space.
You will need:
18mm PG Bison SupaWood cut to the following sizes -  700 x 1500mm - top
 120 x 700mm - apron sides
 120 x 1536mm - apron front/back
 120 x 750mm - legs
 120 x 628mm - legs top/bottom
Jigsaw or circular saw - or have all board cut to size at Builders Warehouse
Drill/Driver, assorted drill, screw bits and countersink bit
Quick clamps and strap clamps
120- and 240-grit sandpaper
4 x 45mm cut screws
Foam painting pad, foam roller and paint tray
Prominent Paints UltraGloss - in your choice of colour
1. To make the top of the table glue the apron front, back and sides to the edge of the table top. Do this on a flat, level surface. If you don't have a long strap clamp to hold the sections together, place bricks around the outside while drying. Leave to dry overnight.
2. To make the legs, apply wood glue to  628mm lengths and clamp. Then do the same with the  750mm legs. Let dry overnight.
3. To construct the box that will serve as the legs - fasten the double-thickness legs to the double-thickness tops and bottoms. Drill pilot holes and countersink. Using wood glue and 45mm cut screws attach the legs. Fill any holes with wood filler. Let dry and then sand with 120-grit sandpaper.
4. Glue and screw the top of the leg box to the underside of the table top and to the desktop through the apron. Remember to drill pilot holes and countersink to prevent the board from splitting. Fill any holes with wood filler. Leave to dry and then sand with 120-grit sandpaper.
5. Sand all the raw edges with 240-grit sandpaper to ensure a smooth surface before painting. Paint with two coats of Prominent Paints waterbased gloss paint, allowing drying time between coats.
For a professional finish, apply paint with a Bosch PFS spray system. The PFS 55 has a 600ml tank that works with almost all types of paint, and the Bosch SDS system makes for fast cleaning.