Painted coat rack
This painted coat rack is a stylish and practical solution for a entrance or children's bedroom, plus it's not expensive to make if you use PG Bison SupaWood or plywood.
You will need:
PG Bison SupaWood cut to size: 500 x 1800mm
Foam roller and paint tray
Prominent Paints acrylic sheen in your choice of colours
1. Before you start working on the board, sand the edges with 220-grit sandpaper until smooth. This will make it easier when it comes to painting.
2. Paint the entire board, including the sides in the first colour. Use a foam roller for a smooth surface that is free from brush strokes.
3. Draw an outline of your design onto the SupaWood using a ruler, a compass and a pencil.
Measure the entire design equally so that the final result will look stunning and fill the entire board.
4. Use masking take to cover those areas that you don’t need to paint and cut away any excess using a sharp craft knife.
5. Use a paintbrush to apply paint to the masked off area and allow the paint to dry before gently removing the masking tape.
6. Screw in the furniture hooks and you’re done.