Pallet Wood Dog Bed
If you've got some pallet wood - make this easy dog bed with galvanised pipe fittings.
Why pay a fortune for a dog bed when you can make your own using pallet wood and galvanised pipe and fittings. Make a colourful custom cushion using fabric and filling that can easily be washed.
YOU WILL NEED:
Pallet wood for frame (size according to what you have on hand)
Plywood or chipboard cut to size for base
Woodoc Gel Stain and/or tinted or clear interior sealer
Tools to distress wood
Drill / Driver plus assorted bits
Spade bit (same diameter as pipe)
4 x 40mm cut screws 
Steel corner braces  and 16mm screws
Galvanised pipe for legs  70mm length - click here for galvanised fittings
Flanges for legs  and 16mm screws
Tape measure and pencil
1. Sand and stain the wood sections before assembly.
2. Cut 45-degree mitres on all the corners.
GOOD TO KNOW: If you don't have a mitre saw, join the corners with standard butt joints.
3. Drill 3mm countersunk pilot holes through the sides and secure with 4 x 40mm screws (not the ones shown above).
4. Also add steel corners braces to the frame for added support and strength. Place the supports as close to the bottom as possible. These will also support the bed base.
5. Assemble the legs using a 70mm length of pipe fitted into a flange. Screw the flanges onto the frame.
6. Top off with a flange fitted onto the pipe. You can cover the flanges with a felt pad - glued in place - if you need to protect your flooring from scratches.
7. Assemble the side rails using a long length of pipe,  elbows and a short length of pipe.
8. Drill a hole in the sides with a spade bit for the side rails.
9. Use a rubber mallet to tape the side rails in place.
10. To finish, cut a piece of plywood or chipboard for the base and pop into the frame.