Ray of sunshine
To add a burst of sunshine to an entryway or boring wall,, paint your walls with a base coat of warm orange or brown. Stencil on small sunburst patterns and spray with Rust-Oleum Metallic gold and silver. Repeat all over for a bright and inviting look.
You will need:
Acetate sheeting - or firm plastic
Sharp craft cutter and cutting board
Black permanent marker
Rust-Oleum Metallics in gold and silver
Sunflower design - you will find a large stencil design for you on the back page of the September issue of Home-Dzine
1. Design your own stencil, or use the sunflower design above. You will find plenty of ideas on the Internet and can print these out.
2. Position the stencil material over your hand drawn or printed design and use a black permanent marker to apply the design onto the stencil material.
3. Use a sharp craft knife to cut out the design. If you are going to be doing lots of stencilling, a stencil board is great to have and they are available in various sizes from local art and craft shops.
If you are spray painting a design - as in this project - place the design centrally in the stencil material and have quite a wide border around the design to allow for overspray.
4. For a random pattern use masking tape to apply the stencil to the wall, shake the can and lightly spray over the stencil. For a more formal pattern you will need to use a tape measure, spirit level and steel rule to mark your lines onto the wall.
5. Repeat this process for the rest of the wall.