Use paintable wallpaper and metal paint to transform a drab chest of drawers... instantly!
Builders have a selection of paintable wallpapers that are great for so many projects. Why not transform that drab chest of drawers with paintable wallpaper and Fired Earth Brushed Metal paint.
YOU WILL NEED:
Chest of drawers
Fired Earth Brushed Metal paint, 1l cosmopolitan + 1l foxy
Paintbrushes, medium and small
Fired Earth paintable wallpaper, Damask pattern
Alcolin cold glue
Tape measure and pencil
Buy all your supplies at Builders
1. Thoroughly clean the chest of drawers before you start. Scrub down with sugar soap, rinse and then dry. This step is important, as any greasy spots may cause problems later on.
2. Take out the drawers and lightly sand the entire piece, drawers included, with 120-grit sandpaper. Remove dust with a paintbrush and slightly damp cloth. Also remove the handles from the drawers.
3. Apply universal primer to the outside of the cabinet and drawers and leave to dry thoroughly.
4. Paint the outside of the chest and drawers with Fired Earth Brushed Metal paint in Cosmopolitan. Apply 2 coats, allowing drying time between coats. This paint leaves a brushed-metal look. Follow the instructions on the can for proper application.
5. Measure the drawer fronts and then cut out paintable wallpaper to fit.
6. Paint each panel of paintable wallpaper with Fired Earth Brushed Metal paint in Foxy. Follow the instructions on the can for proper application. Let dry thoroughly.
7. Use a small paintbrush to apply glue to the entire back of the wallpaper panels. Place these carefully on the drawer fronts and smooth from the centre out to remove any trapped air bubbles.
8. Now you're ready to add new crystal knobs to finish off your stunning chest of drawers.