Galvanised pipe picture gallery
Use galvanised pipe and fitting to make a rustic picture gallery for a home. Easy to make, this galvanised pipe picture gallery looks wonderful with country, cottage or industrial decor.
To make your own galvanised pipe wall gallery you are going to need a few supplies. With the exception of galvanised pipe and fittings, you can buy everything you need at your local Builders Warehouse.
YOU WILL NEED:
1 of Galvanised pipe
2 of Brackets (or flanges)
2 of Elbows
Fischer SX6 or UX6 wall plugs and 4 - 5mm screws in 50mm length
Hose clamps (enough for the amount of pictures you want to hang)
Lengths of chain for all your pictures
Hooks to hang
Drill / Driver plus assorted bits
Tape measure and pencil
IMPORTANT: Electronic detector
GOOD TO KNOW: If you want to change the colour of the galvanised pipe and fittings, perhaps to make them a satin black colour or even metallic silver or gold, you will find the full range of Rust-Oleum 2X and Universal spray paints at your local Builders.
1. To mount the galvanised pipe onto the wall, first check the area with an electronic detector. These tools are invaluable in ensuring there are no electrical wires or conduits in the wall.
2. Connect the pipe and fittings and have someone help you to hold this against the wall to determine the correct mounting height. Once you know this, use a spirit level to mark a straight line at both ends.
3. Place the pipe assembly back against the wall and use a pencil to mark the holes in the bracket / flange to drill holes, insert wall plugs and secure onto the wall with screws.
4. On the top of your frames screw in the hangers. You want these equal distances from the edge of the frame, so that you artwork hangs nicely.
5. You will use hose clamps to hold the chain that hangs your artwork. Completely open each hose clamp to allow you to insert the chain. The chains need to be cut at the correct length beforehand.
66. Now you are ready to hang your pictures. Trim off any excess chain.