Scented Christmas ornaments
These scented fabric ornaments are a gorgeous way to introduce a hint of festive fragrance to any corner of the home.
You will need:
- Fabric and felt
- Embroidery thread
- Spices such as cinnamon sticks, cloves or orange peel
- Batting, or recycle an old pillow
- Decorative ribbon
1. Create your own shapes. Place fabric on a flat surface and fold in half with right sides together. Lay template on fabric and cut out shapes. Arrange ribbon, braid or felt on the patterned side of each shape; pin and stitch in place. Pair shapes with right sides together. Cut a 15cm length of ribbon and fold in half. This is what the sachet will hang from. Position ribbon at the top edge of each shape, tail ends out, and the loop tucked between the two pieces. Pin around the edge of each shape, leaving a 3cm gap on one side.
2. Break cinnamon sticks into 1cm pieces. Place cinnamon, cloves, orange peel and pine needles in a bowl; stir to combine.
3. Stitch around the edge of each shape leaving a 3cm opening on one side for turning out and stuffing.
4. Turn the shape right side out and half fill with wadding. Add a few pinches of spice mixture and continue stuffing until plump. Hand stitch the opening closed