Personal art on display
You don't need to spend a fortune or hunt high and low to find artwork that you like. In this project we show you just how easy it is to create your own unique art.
Why pay a fortune for artwork when you can make your own for practically nothing. In this project supawood was painted and then a stencil applied over the board and spray painted with white to create a unique patterned effect.
You will need:
 SupaWood boards cut to size
Something to use as a stencil - an iron doormat was used to create the design in this project
Rust-Oleum Painters Touch - Heirloom White*
Picture hanging kit
1. Have 3 boards cut to size, sand the edges with 240-grit sandpaper and paint them with black acrylic using a foam roller. Let dry.
DIY Tip: You can use any colour if you don't want black and you can use matt or gloss paint.
2. Position your stencil over the board, ensuring that it is centered and lined up and flat on the surface of the board.
3. Start spraying from left to right until you have finished the entire area. Let dry.
4. Carefully remove the stencil.
5. Attach picture hangers to the back of each board and hang you new art on display.
*Find Rust-Oleum products at your local Builders Warehouse.
Visit Frugal Home Ideas for frugal ideas and inspiration for your home.