Make your own designer cushions
You can easily make your own cushions in colours and designs to suit your decor. All you need for this project is cotton fabric, cushion inner, paper, self-adhesive spray and Rust-Oleum Painters Touch.
1. Cut the fabric to the size of the cushion required.
2. Cut out the shapes using sharp scissors.
3. Spray one side of the cut outs with self-adhesive spray and place onto the fabric.
4. From a distance of 30cm, lightly spray an even coat of colour over the entire fabric. Repeat for the back section.
5. Once the paint is dry, slowly peel off the paper. Don't worry about the adhesive - it will come out in the wash.
6. Place the fabric on a piece of scrap paper on your ironing board and iron on a medium heat. The paper will also help to remove some of the adhesive residue.
7. Complete your cushion by hand or machine sewing.
8. Before inserting the cushion inner, wash your cushion covers in lukewarm water to soften up. Once dry, insert the inner.
Now you're ready to make even more of your own designs!
Visit V & C for great home ideas.