Carved wall plaques
This is a great project for beginners, as it lets you practice as your create your own wood wall plaques!
You will need:
300 x 300mm block of 12mm SupaWood for the base
4 blocks of 6mm supawood 200 x 200mm
5 blocks of 3mm supawood 200 x 200mm
Rust-Oleum Chalkboard Spray
1. Apply a layer of wood glue over the entire base/back board. Don’t
be stingy as supawood is very absorbent, but don’t pile on too much
as it will only squeeze out of the sides.
2. Affix the  200 x 200mm 6mm supawood blocks in north, east, south, west positions and press firmly. Fill in the remaining positions with the 3mm supawood blocks. Leave the glue to dry.
3. Spray the entire project with Rust-Oleum chalk board spray, or use gloss spray if you prefer. Leave to dry.
4. Use a steel ruler to mark out lines on the individual blocks to
create your desired pattern of vertical and horizontal lines and dots.
5. With the high speed cutters 191 and 192 etch out your lines and grind out the dots. Practice on a spare piece of block before you tackle the actual project, to get a feel for the tool. Use your steel rule to guide you if you need help with the lines. Lightly guide the Dremel Multitool along the rule.
Buy Dremel Tools at Builders Warehouse stores countrywide.