Decorative painted ceramic plates
For children's birthday parties you can easily decorate a few glass, melamine or ceramic plates for the occasion. Marie at makes and takes has a project to make a painted party plate can be used over and over again.
You will need:
Melamine, glass or ceramic plate
Paint brush or sponge brush
1. Wash and dry your plate. Follow the instructions on the paint bottle for the best results.
2. Place your Happy Birthday stencil on one end of the ceramic plate and press it down to stick.
3. Dab your sponge brush with paint and dab the paint onto the plate.
Do this for each colour you’d like to use. I had a napkin and wet wipe next to my area to help save with time and changing out my paint colours.
4. Pull up your stencil carefully until it’s removed. Now, you can be done here or paint another one. I chose to place my stencil down on the opposite side and repeat step 3.
5. For the centre of the ceramic plate, add the sunburst stencil and paint in a couple of colours with your sponge brush. Lift the stencil and do this 2 more times to make them go all across your plate.
6. Let the paint dry. You can bake it as well to make it dishwasher safe. Be sure to follow the instructions on the paint bottle.
Once it’s done and dry, it’s ready for some cupcakes. Happy Birthday!
More hand painted plate ideas...
[ via ]
[ via ]