Festive table decoration
Add a DIY touch to your festive table with these easy place markers that allow you to organise and decorate your holiday table.
Length of pine (67 x 32mm minimum)
Pine or bamboo skewers
38mm spade bit (for tea light candles)
Length of ribbon
Pine cone or similar
White acrylic craft paint
Drill / Driver plus assorted bits
Orbital sander plus 120-grit sanding pads
Tape measure and pencil
Buy everything you need for this project at your local Builders Warehouse.
1. Trim the blocks for the markers to size. A good size is around 10cm in length.
2. Use a sander to round off the edges and smooth.
3. Use a 38mm spade bit to drill a hole for the tea light candle. Make this about 1cm deep - and be sure to clamp the block to your workbench before drilling.
4. Also drill a 5mm hole for the skewer.
5. Thread the ribbon onto the skewer as shown above.
6. Lightly paint the edges of the pine cone. For even more glitz you can spray lightly with Rust-Oleum Glitter spray.
7. Use a hot glue gun to secure the skewer in the drilled hole and mount the pine cone.