Halloween candy bowls
Make your own Halloween-themed candy bowls with Rust-Oleum 2X spray paint.
It's so easy to add some Halloween decor to your home. All you need are some ceramic or plastic bowls, some stickers, and a couple of cans of Rust-Oleum 2X UltraCover spray paint. Find the full range of Rust-Oleum products at your nearest Builders store.
YOU WILL NEED:
Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover - Gloss Black
Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover - Real Orange
Rust-Oleum 2X Primer
Ceramic or plastic bowls
Stickers, assorted shapes and sizes
Masking tape - for the striped bowl
Dropcloth or newspaper
1. Clean and thoroughly dry the bowls before you proceed. Any grease or dirt will affect the finish.
2. Place your stickers around the outside surface of each bowl. Space them evenly for best effect.
GOOD TO KNOW: Protect your work surface with newspaper or a dropcloth.
3. Lightly spray with Rust-Oleum 2X primer. The primer provides a extra adhesion for your project. Shake the can for about a minute after the mixing ball starts to rattle. Hold 30cm away from the surface of the bowl and spray in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke. Apply two light coats to the sides of the bowl, allowing a few minutes in between each coat. Let dry for approximately 20 minutes.
GOOD TO KNOW: Place the bowl upside down for easy priming and painting.
4. To finish the project, we used 2X Ultra Cover in Gloss Black and Real Orange. Shake the can well - for at least a minute after the mixing ball starts to rattle. Hold the can 30cm from the bowl and spray in a sweeping motion, slightly overlapping each stroke. Apply two light coats a few minutes apart and allow the paint to fully dry before heading onto the next step
5. Leave to dry before carefully peeling off the labels. Do this project 24-hours in advance so that the bowls have plenty of time to dry completely.
Repeat the steps above for the striped bowl, using masking tape to mark out the stripes on the side of the bowl.