Easy rolling bathroom storage
Bathrooms always need storage for essentials. This rolling bathroom storage unit can store plenty plus, you can customise the size and shape for your space.
This project, designed and created by Rust-Oleum, uses Varathane Wood Stain. Unfortunately, this product is not yet available locally but you can substitute the finish using Woodoc Gel Stain for a wood tint, or Acrylic PVA paint for a coloured finish.
Piece of pine or plywood for the base (cut to find crate size and layout)
Sandpaper, 120- and 180-grit, or sanding sponges
Caster wheels and screws
4.5 x 30mm screws
Drill / Driver plus assorted bits
Latex or rubber gloves
Buy all the tools and supplies for this project at your local Builders Warehouse.
Before you start put down a drop cloth to protect from spills and stains.
1. Lightly sand each crate with a sanding sponge or sandpaper. Begin with 120 grit to remove any imperfections and then use 180-grit to smooth the surface. Wipe down to remove any dust.
2. Apply Woodoc Gel Stain using a lint-free cloth. Apply according to the direction of the grain. Also apply stain to the base section.
3. For added protection apply polyurethane varnish to the crates.
4. If you want to add colour to your crates, you can use any acrylic paint. Use a paintbrush to apply and then immediately wipe off with a lint-free rag. You can adjust the level of colour by adding or removing the paint. Once dry, apply a coat of polyurethane varnish.
5. Secure the base to the crates with 30mm screws.
6. Secure the casters to the base.
Fill your rolling bathroom storage unit with all of your grab-and-go bathroom supplies, and enjoy your mess-free bathroom.