Seaglass votive with engraved butterfly design
This seaglass frosted votive holder is perfect for your home or as a gift. Engrave a butterfly design onto the glass, or your choice of design.
Our glass is 7cm high x 7cm diameter and almost any glass is suitable, but for the best effect, we suggest using a coloured or frosted glass.
Glass, clear or frosted
Paper and pencil
Rust-Oleum seaglass frosted glass spray
Scrap of dark fabric
Block of wood for base
1. Clean the glass in soapy water to remove any grease marks. Dry thoroughly.
2. Draw your chosen design on a piece of paper. We’ve chosen butterflies, but a leaf or flower design would work just as well. Place the design inside the glass and hold in place with some black fabric. You should be able to see the design clearly through the glass.
3. Hold the Dremel MultiTool at a slight angle as if you’re working with a pencil. Engrave the glass along the outline of your design. You only need to apply light pressure and accurately position the tip on the glass to move steadily along the outline.
4. Gently fill in the design by removing inside the lines with gentle strokes. Work patiently in this way until the whole design is covered.
GOOD TO KNOW:
Once finished. remove the paper and place the fabric back inside the glass. This will help you see any gaps in the outline and you can touch up accordingly.
5. Finish off your project by cutting a block for the base and cutting out a hole to fit around the glass. Wrap a pretty ribbon around for decorative effect.