Make Colourful Chalk Pops
These colourful Chalk Pops are fun projects for the kids to make, and they will provide hours of fun in the sun.
Found on www.projectnursery.com, these colourful chalk pops will provide hours of holiday fun for the kids - and they can even make them on their own.
Plaster of Paris,
Tempera paint (neon colours work best)
Plastic cups and spoons
1. Fill your plastic cups to a 1/3 with cold water. The number of colours/cups depends on the number of moulds you have.
2. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of tempera paint per cut. You can mix the colours together to make even more colours. Stir until well mixed.
3. Now you can add 2/3 cup of Plaster of Paris to each cup. Mix well until creamy.
GOOD TO KNOW: This gets a bit messy, so put down plenty of newspaper if the kids are going to be doing this.
4. Pour the mixture carefully into the mould. Gently tap a few times to release any trapped air bubbles.
5. Let set for about 5 to 10 minutes until it start to firm up and then add the lollipop sticks. The mixture should be firm enough to let the sticks stand up.
6. Put aside for a couple of hours before removing from the mould. Place in a warm, dry spot for a day or two to dry thoroughly.
The kids will have hours and hours of fun playing with these colourful chalk pops.