Lamb sticks with tzatziki
Grab some Bakers Cream Crackers to create this sumptuous Greek-style lamb dish! Ideal to serve on a meze platter with pitas or with a crisp green salad as a light and flavour-filled summer lunch!
- 6 Bakers Cream Crackers
- 125 ml warm milk
- 5 ml cumin seeds, toasted
- 5 ml coriander seeds, toasted
- 300 g minced lamb (beef would also do)
- 30 ml very finely chopped onion
- 10 ml ground cinnamon
- 5 – 10 ml red chilli flakes
- salt and milled black pepper to taste
- 125 ml seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 45 ml finely chopped mint
- 30 ml finely chopped parsley
- oil for frying
- small meat skewers
1. Crush the Bakers Cream Crackers into coarse crumbs and place in a large bowl. Stir in the milk and set aside.
2. Crush the toasted seeds coarsely and add to the biscuit mixture together with the meat, onion, cinnamon and chilli flakes. Season liberally with salt and pepper and mix well. Shape large bite-size portions of the mixture around one end of small meat skewers. Set in the fridge to chill for about 20 minutes.
3. To make the tzatziki, pat the cucumber quite dry and place in a bowl. Add the yogurt, mint and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Mix and chill until ready to serve.
4. Just before serving, fry the meat (on the sticks) in a little hot oil until cooked and golden.
5. Drain well on paper towel, arrange on a platter and serve warm with the tzatziki on the side.
Makes 12 – 16.
[ via Bakers ]